Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
w7pra-we got it!!!!!
FCC ULS-CLICK

That's right, we got it!! I looked everywhere else in the forum and didn't see it so I assume this is the first(only) thread about it.

So there we are, our NEW CLUB VANITY!!!!! {...applause...)
Congrats everybody!!!

W7PRA[SIZE=4]
WHISKEY-SEVEN-PAPA-ROMEO-ALPHA
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]-------------------------------------------------------------------
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
[SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]OK, so now that that's there, I'm gonna post THIS here for a couple reasons. One, because I want everyone's opinions if it seems STUPID or not, and two, because I know everyone here respects me enough not to jump in front of me and go take it before I can.
I been thinking about a new vanity anyway. W7WIL just hasn't brought on the appeal I thought it would and I didn't realize how many syllables were involved at first.(TEN-10- syllables!!!!!!)
I am seriously thinking about the "K7PRA".
It DOES seem a small, tiny, little bit, copy-cat-ish, but it also sort of fits. I AM one of the board members, one of the founding fathers and I really, REALLY do care about this group, club and everyone here, so...........

So, I'm seriously considering it.

I don't know, what do you guys think???? Too copy-cat-ish??? Too confusing???
Or "RIGHT ON!!"???? Please be honest.

Oh, and let me know quick! If I'm gonna do it, I need to get it submitted just in case someone outside reads this and DOES decide to be....that way.

Of course I'm perusing other different ones, too, but there really isn't a lot out there available that I like. Let me know what you think!
My old "NXS" is available with a "K7", too.

It's just an idea but ya, I am seriously thinking about it.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Hey, Congrats!!
Host and Co-Creator of A.G.O.N.
Dale, KL2BO
73!
KL2BO Wrote:Hey, Congrats!!
Well???? That's it?? I need opinions.Big Grin
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
No problem here.
Its I think too much like the vanity we are going to have on the repeater and may be confusing. My opinion.

K7SGS "STACEY"
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
KE7ZKH Wrote:No problem here.
Thanks Bill. So you don't think that'd be a little weird? I mean, the only time our club call would ever really be used is Field Day or the off, maybe, one or two other club event(s) throughout the year, if at all. And if I happened to be at field day working stations, I'd be using the club call instead of MY call, right?

I just kind of always thought that since I was wanting a new, "K7xxx" vanity call, that "K7PRA" would be a cool vanity call to show support for the club, which means a lot to me. But I also knew at some point, we would be looking for a vanity for the club and knew it would be one of the choices probably, which it was, so I left it alone until that was cleared up. Now that it is, and we got "W7" and the "K7" is still free.......you know.
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
Well, there's a vote for each direction. We'll see who else chimes in.Big Grin

Plus, I was actually starting to think about the K7PRA idea a long time ago, long before we even got the club off the ground. But like I said, I knew it might and probably would be one of the candidates for our club call so I waited.

**EDIT- I'm still trying to come up with a lot of other ideas. That's the problem, though....there isn't A LOT. LOL!!!
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
FWIW,I say go for it.I don't know what you mean by "too copy-catish".When I decided on a vanity call I was turned down the first time.The call I wanted still had three days until the previous owner's claim to it would be past the two year grace.So I waited a week,put in for it again and got....and thins will be my lasy call sign too as I have what I wanted.So again,if it means something to you,go get it,jmho.
-george
N7LOH
radioactive since 1990
I even glow in the dark
N7LOH Wrote:FWIW,I say go for it.I don't know what you mean by "too copy-catish".When I decided on a vanity call I was turned down the first time.The call I wanted still had three days until the previous owner's claim to it would be past the two year grace.So I waited a week,put in for it again and got....and thins will be my lasy call sign too as I have what I wanted.So again,if it means something to you,go get it,jmho.
-george
Well, like I said, I actually thought up the idea of "K7PRA" long before the club was even up and running. We were just starting to toss the idea around. I only waited at the time because I knew it may be a good choice for the club and I wanted to give the club and members the opportunity first. But ya, if I had already had it, it would have just been coincidence that the club call ended up similar, instead of the other way around. If the club would have been like......I dunno.......Willamette Idea League, or sumthin(LOL!!), would have been like my current call. LOL!! Just thoughts.....thinkn, thinkn, thinkn!

And by copy-cat-ish, I just meant the obvious. Club=W7PRA/Me=K7PRA
It does seem a tiny bit odd when they're right next to each other, but like I said, the only time we're ever gonna hear the club call besides field day is when the repeater ID's.(Chris changed it today, BTW!)
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND