Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wouxun KG-UV3D
STICKY PLEASE!

As my sig denotes, one of my radios, in fact my very first "ham" radio was/is a Wouxun(actually pronounced: "OH-shing" or "OH-sheng", like ocean but with sort of an "ing/ang" sound at the end), Wouxun KG-UV3D. This is one of the recent, and probably one of the most popular, Chinese radios to hit the ham world. This has been a very good "beginner" radio for many new hams and a great addition to the collection of many existing hams. It is a dual band, VHF/UHF handheld Part 90 certified commercial radio with 128 channels and 1700mAh battery.

I've been asked numerous times on the air, in email, through text, phone calls and in general by many people to offer some sort of platform of help/information to others who have or may be interested in buying one of these radios. I was even asked one time to maybe devote one of our open nets like A.G.O.N. to this topic. So, here seems like as good a place as any. I have had my KG-UV3D for exactly a year now and have become very familiar with almost all of it's functions and settings, other than the ones I just don't use, but even know a bit about those as well. A lot of people have found the manual and other various aspects and functions of this radio to be less than easy to understand and work with. One of the biggest of those, is manual "hand" programming.

I have always had sort of a knack with electronics and figuring things out that some may not.
So with this thread, I am more than happy to offer my experience and knowledge of this radio and it's functions and settings for anyone who may be interested, need help or may benefit in any way. I will keep monitoring this thread as long as necessary to help any and all who reply to it. Raymond, KF7NXR, and a couple others also have this radio and are welcome to add their experiences and knowledge as well.

Description, Features and Specs

Pronunciation

So, anyone who has questions or interests, feel free to fire away!!!!!!Wink
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
How well do the hold their resale value ?
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Oh sure!! Trump me right out the gate!!

Uuhhh.....that's a good one. All I can say on that one is.....I don't know because I wouldn't sell mine if my life depended on it!! Wink

That and they are still pretty new. But the initial sale value is pretty great!! $120!! And the U.S. resellers who sell them, like Powerwerx, I guess are technically "resaling" them. I dunno, does being a dealer count? LOL!

Anyway, they are definitely just about the best bang for the buck! And that's the general consensus, not just my opinion.

All joking aside, if you're asking to be cautious, as in if you want to resell it later if you got one and decided it wasn't for you.......I seriously doubt you'd have much trouble selling it, even fairly close to the "new" price!!! But I would be willing to wager that if you bought one, you wouldn't even want to resell it anyway. I'm betting you would be pretty happy with it. Most, if not ALL, people are.
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940