Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working the International Space Station with APRS/Packet
If anybody is interested or has done this let me know I have actually found a lot of links on what to do. I have made a couple of ground contacts Through the ISS Digipeater also have had my position reported to an IGate that has a map on the web that showed my position for that pass. Done it all with a vertical. The link to the map is
http://www.ariss.net/

My next little project is to make a crew contact on voice if anybody has done this feel free to point me in the right direction.
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
However, I *have* done satellite work.
Cool which ones. I keep checking VO52 which has a liner transponder but I never hear anything and there are not very many that I can find that have repeaters on them that are sitll operational plus im still trying to figure out the doppler shift thing but am starting to get a handle on that. If you have some pointers I could use the help.

Thanks
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Tracking is easy... get Ham Radio Deluxe and fire up the satellite tracking program. There are others too, but I like this one since I can log, rig control, rotator, etc. all in one package.
Yes I use ham radio delux all the time and really like it. The satilite tracking feature is great and I am getting things figured out slowly but surely have been doing a lot of reading on the AMSAT web site as well as others. Thanks Guys if you have any advice to give to me I could use it
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member