Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly HF Net
Our net is actually being run as a Directed Net for now. This means that Net Control will call for checkins, and once the person has checked in, he or she will be afforded a minute or two to make comments, etc.

The reason for this is to allow new Hams to learn just how these nets operate. Directed Nets, such as the Western Country Cousins, NW Country Cousins, and OEM (Oregon Emergency Management) Net allow many people to gather in an orderly manner. Hams wishing to contact net members are encouraged to say the word "CONTACT", then when called upon by the Net Control, they should make contact with the other person and move at least 50Khz (or more) off the Net frequency.

Comments and questions are always welcome!

73 Jim KI7AY (founder of the Weekly Peak Radio Association HF Net)
Got tired hit the sac early tonight! Mabey ill catch next mondays HF net!! Good luck guys!

!!Later Stacey!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
the hf net was a good net tonight. it was my first time on. thank you james for running the net. when it went to 40m the band was LONG. i will be on again in a couple of weeks. 73 don.
Jim - thanks for running this net! It is an invaluable resource for HF work - it gives inexperienced hams a chance to get some "Air time" with some known variables.

You KNOW when the net is. You KNOW what frequency it is on. You KNOW where the net control officer is in relation to you. All these things are very helpful for getting one's station dialed in and giving an operator some experience and confidence to explore their HF privileges! Thank you again!
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
Last night (meeting night) the noise level at the KI7AY Ham Shack was S-9 to +10 and more. I had exactly ONE checkin on 80m, and ONE checkin on 40, but the odd thing was, the 40m checkin was from, get this, West Calgary, Alberta Canada! Too bad it was meeting night. You all could have said hello.
Thats a bummer but I am exited to get set up on the base soon!

!!Later Stacey!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
Hey all,

Thanks for running the net tonight Jim - it was good to know that my random wire was actually capable of getting out (And hearing) on 80m. I think it might only be about 80' long - I'm considering adding another 80-ish feet to it. I heard you clearly, Sean just barely, and couldn't make anyone else out. Oh well.

However, 40m was a total disappointment tonight. The noise was 10 over 9 and I couldn't make anyone out anywhere on the band - pretty pathetic. How'd it go for the rest of you?
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
Thanks for checking in. Noise was very high this week, but I heard almost everyone. Once we get Eli's grounds figured out, he will do well also.

73 KI7AY
Wow, last night the 40 meter segment was a wash for me, again. 80 meters went pretty well, but 40 was right out the window. Doc and Ted seemed to have the same problem. Oh well. Maybe next time!
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Thanks for running the 80m net tonight Adam AF7QW!
Shoot me an email if you would like my notes. I show 7 checked in.
n7snw@arrl.net
CJ N7SNW
I'm off to find myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.