Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly HF 80M Net/Rag Chew
This morning on the 513 repeater we had a discussion about trying to promote HF operation. Locally we have a number of hams that have HF privileges. Some of these hams are very proficient on HF operation. Some local hams are relative new to the HF experience and would like more practice operating in this environment.

Would like to invite everyone to join the 80M HF group on Mondays at 7:00 PM (0200 GMT). Because 80M in the evening is a favorite rag chew band for hams, it can be a challenge to find an open frequency. In my experience 3.835 MHz is usually open at this time. Will use 3.830 or 3.825 as an alternate if 3.835 is busy. Until we get established as a Net, will need to be flexible with our choice of frequency. To help coordinate the final frequency selection will use the 145.130 PRA repeater. Just before the HF net we will announce the selected 80M frequency on the 513 repeater. If anyone needs assistance in finding us, they can give a shout on the 513 repeater.

Except for the second Monday of the month, when we have our Peak Radio Association (PRA) meeting. I would like to plan on doing this weekly net. As a reminder, highly suggest adding this information to your calendar.

I’m sure the sharing of our experience and knowledge will help us all to be become more proficient in our ham radio hobby. Tonight hope we can discuss in more detail the purpose of the net and the type of topics we would like to discuss.

Would like to sincerely encourage everyone to join us communicating with the world of hams on HF.

Mike – W7RIS
I check in on 80m net, it was a lot of fun give it a try when you have the time.

Wayne KM7KM
Thanks Wayne for checking in. Hope to see you next week.

Mike – W7RIS
The LCARES does an 80 m net every monday. I'd be a little late, but I would be happy to check in!!
Host and Co-Creator of A.G.O.N.
Dale, KL2BO
73!
Wow Ill lhave to hook up the other wire so I can check in sounds like fun. Thanks for the Information
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Please don't forget to add this new net to the forum calendar. This will also serve as a reminder for everyone who checks it daily.

Thanks.
73's
Steve
W7RMG

Shack Rigs: Yaesu FT-101ZD - Yaesu FT-847 (HF, 2M, 6M, 70cm) - Kenwood TS-440S  -  Kenwood TS-940S - Kenwood TM-642A tribander (2m, 1.25m, 70cm). Kenwood TS-2000.
Mobiles: 3 Kenwood TM-V71A dual banders (2m/70cm) - Alinco DR-235 (1.25m).
HT's: Kenwood TH-F6A - Yaesu VX-7R.

Ill get 80 somehow soon!

!!Later Stacey!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
just get some wire and some place to hook it.
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
When I get moved come july I will!!!

!!Later Stacey!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
cool an 80m group. when i have a monday off, it will be nice to be able to talk to people. can barely get on the 513 repeater. but it wont be a problem on 80m. i have a 585 foot loop antenna with 1kw power. 80m works great.