Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly 80m Net Moving to a NEW night. Input from YOU is desired.
Hi Folks.

Due to the Grandson (Nik) starting Boy Scouts, I will need to find a different evening for our 80m Net. I am open to suggestions from you all, so please reply to this thread and let me know what night you might like. I would prefer not to hold our net on Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, but if anyone wants to take turns, then I can make an exception.

So, what night would work for everyone else? I'd like to stick with the 7:30 PM start time, though. As some of you know, I work at Oregon State and live in Springfield, so I need a little more time before the net gets started.

Thanks for all your input! And if you would like to be Net Control once in awhile, drop me an email at ki7ay@yahoo DOT COM.

73 Jim KI7AY
The weekends would be best for me (that's basically the only time I have to operate HF).
Since that doesn't really work for you, we could always try Thursday since there's no other nets on that night for PRA right now. Smile (edit: D'oh, thanks for the clarification Vaugn. I completely forgot about the ORSDF net on Thurs.)
Evan K7FOS (Formerly KF7VFU)
Thursday is the ORSDF Net.

We've got nets every week night - Monday is the HF net, Tuesday is Swap Net, Wednesday is Sportsman's, Thursday is ORSDF, and Friday is News Net and AGON. Sunday is the Snow Peak - Saturday is technically the only day of the week with no net.

I don't think we're going to be able to avoid a conflict at 7:30 PM. We might have more luck having it later at night - like at 8. Seems like most nets end at 8, and that would be a good way to lead people into an HF net.
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.