Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Updated pictures of link antenna and Buck Mt.
Here are the full res images I attempted to upload yesterday...
LOL!! The link yagi looks really, REALLY familiar!!!(now that I can see it)
I got one identical sittin above my head, mounted to my desk!!!
---------------------------------

Actually, mine's tuned to around 480MHz. Came from a taxi company or something. BUT......
Funny thing!! The reflector is juuuuuust about the right length for a driven @ 440-450 and I juuuuuust happen to have some 3/8 aluminum stock. So, I'm gonna add another, NEW reflector and make her a 4 element for 70cm. It won't be right on the money, obviously, the lengths of the directors and space apart won't be 100% exact, but it'll be close enough for government work!Big Grin

I already tweaked the gamma as it sits and brought it down to 462 and used it on a GMRS repeater in Salem, from home. Tuned right up!! It'll make a fine 4EL 440 beam.(Actually, I guess I was technically Tx-ing @ 467MHz but it was a 1:1 SWR on both, 462/467)
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
I wouldn't get too hung up and tuning it exact. They are like 40mhz wide...you won't gain too much in terms of performance. BUT, it is something to play with indeed...
Sweet pics!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
Ya, I checked it @ 440-450. It's a tad high.(driven element a little short) I didn't check higher than 480-ish, so if it IS that broad banded, it must be in THAT direction. So, I'm thinkin once I add a new reflector, making the old one the new (right length) driven, even if the rest of the elements and spacing aren't exact, it won't take much playin around with the gamma adjustment to find the lowest standing wave where I want it. And the added bonus is now it'll have one extra director. Even if they are too short, I can even replace those and I'm still not really reinventing the wheel. Ya, it's one of my little projects!Wink

**EDIT- One of the local CBers gave it to me. He comes by every once in a while, askin a little more about ham radio. Who knows, maybe I'll get him converted one of these days!!
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940