Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday Night Swap net Listing Post ?
I have already had a request to post the listings for the Tuesday night swap net here. I am currently looking at doing this and trying to come up with a plan that will work. I also need to get with the other half of the swap net W7GX and see what he would like to do also. At this point If we do post here it may not appear until Wednesday evening sometime? How ever if anybody would be interested in collecting the information and posting it that would be great, I never turn down help........ Thank's

KC7NHT
Cyrel
I think thats a great idea but I wouldn't list phone numbers or email addresses in the forums since Google picks up the information here. I'm not sure how you could do this. If nothing else you could mention the forums towards end of net where users can see some other available listings too or they might join the forums to post something. At least if they post in the forums they can provide pictures as well which is nice.

kc7nht Wrote:I have already had a request to post the listings for the Tuesday night swap net here. I am currently looking at doing this and trying to come up with a plan that will work. I also need to get with the other half of the swap net W7GX and see what he would like to do also. At this point If we do post here it may not appear until Wednesday evening sometime? How ever if anybody would be interested in collecting the information and posting it that would be great, I never turn down help........ Thank's

KC7NHT
Cyrel
I will have to put some thought into this but I think it can be done some how to make it easy, functional and convienant for everybody all the way around. I am open to all Ideas. If anybody else has any imput or thoughts I will be watching this thred closely but definatly would like to get it rolling as soon as possible. We can always make modifications down the road Smile

Thank's for the input
KC7NHT
Cyrel
Is there any way to make a forum (Or thread, or whatever) set to "Members only"? If so, threads protected in this way might be safe from the Google bots/spiders. I would try and set one up that way and then make a fake post with some search terms you KNOW won't show up anywhere else. IE: make up some funky names for fake radio gear, then give it a day or so and then do a Google search for those terms. If they don't come up, I'd say it is likely safe from bots and it should be safe to put out contact info.

We also might want to give people a reminder (Or option to specify their preference) that they can "Opt out" of having their contact info posted on the forums.

As for helping Cyrel and W7GX wanting help with the swap net posting - I've been typing the listing up every week during net as practice for passing traffic. I'd be happy to share those if anyone wants.
That would be cool!! But if we could keep it in our group!
Ya know that might just be the thing we need, I am not sure how to handle the personal information am not sure if we really need to worry about it so much and leave it up to the person doing the listing as to what they want posted. All web sites are being scrubbed with bot's and other things to gain information about the web sites and hackers and others that think it is fun to do not so nice things with that information will always be out there, so I would think that each individual needs to make up there mind about whether it is safe enough for them or not.