Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The De-Towering in Corvallis.
To All Who;

Inspired, Conspired and/or Perspired

Thank you.

Those who inspired and conspired are numerous and I fear in losing any one.

The last leg (perspire part) took just 2 hours from the erect tower w/ antenna to loaded on the trailer. No one was harmed and all seemed in good sprites.

Special thanks to:
Jim w/ the boom Truck
W0ULF Vaugh
NF7NAY Sean
W7KQ Noah
K7BIK Joe
Steve
and Kris (my Bride) who also put together the post tower bar-b-que.

Pictures should follow.
Ted - KW7RTM
All Around Nice Guy
Ted,

Thank YOU for taking the plunge and putting yourself out by saying "Could I have some help". You have to trust someone to let them help out with something important. In the end, you either find out that your trust was well-placed or it wasn't, and you learn a lesson and move on. I hope that none of us let you down.

I can't talk for the others who were there, but I had a great time. I learned some things, I met some new people, I got to know others a little more than I had before. I kept busy, I felt productive and like a helpful member of the team, and I only made myself look like an idiot a few times (Not bad for me). I also felt like I contributed and was appreciated, which is a GREAT feeling. That's all I ever want at the end of the day - is to feel like I was productive, had a positive part to contribute, and that my efforts were appreciated. Oh yes - and the good food at the end left with me with a good feeling, too. :^)

Again, thank you for putting yourself out there. It was good to be productive and have some fun in the process with a bunch of great people.

This is exactly what I was looking for in a club. I'm proud to be a member of the Peak Radio Association, and I'm proud of my fellow members. I hope we can have more get-togethers like this!

Oh yes - and I'm looking forward to the pictures!
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...908&type=1
Hooray! Thanks for the pictures, Sean and Noah!
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
Mostly thanks to Noah!
We need to do things like that more often. I had a blast!
Great pictures. Now for the question.....why taking it down? Something else going up? Broken?
Ted bought this tower and antenna from someone and had to take it down to move it over to his house.
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007