Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival tip of the day!
!!!Getting Lost!!! Throw a wistle in your kit! A wistle can be heard a long ways and is easy compaired to yelling. They are small and easy to pack! If you get lost, stay put till found! Keep a mirror with you to signal over head aircraft. Those cheap space blankets are great to have, they protect you from wind, rain and loss of body heat. Remember reflective side in When wearing, these also can signal. I have several space blankets, they are $1.99 at bi mart its a no brainer! A pocket knife is great but for bigger jobs better step up to a fixed blade for big jobs. Jobs like cutting limbs for fire and shelter even digging! Also tell someone where your going!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
Truck parts! Carry extra water thats potable! For drinking and radiator. Extra fan belts alternator,power steering... Tire chains, shovel, gloves, some carpet is good for laying on when workin under the truck. Fuses lots of different ones! Extra fuel, oil, the list goes on feel free to add your own ideas!!

K7SGS "STACEY"
I ALWAYS carry and extra HEI ignition module for my Chevy. They give you no warning.

K7UND
Sent from my iPhone
Good idea!!

K7SGS "STACEY"
Take the Quiz!!

Are you prepared for an emergency? Quiz yourself on the questions below to see just how prepared you are. If you
don’t know the answer to some of the questions, visit Ready.gov or your local Office of Emergency Management
for tips and resources that can help make sure you, your family, and your community are Ready.
• Does your local government have an emergency or disaster plan for your community? If so, do you know
what it is?
• Do you know how to find the emergency broadcasting channel on the radio?
• Does your city/county have an emergency alert system? Is so, are you signed up to get alerts?
• Do you know your local evacuation routes? How would you get out of town from work? How about from
home?
• Does your city/county have a Citizen Corps Council? (If you don’t know, visit http://www.citizencorps.com)
• In the last year, have you prepared or updated your Emergency Supply Kit with emergency supplies like
water, food and medicine that is kept in a designated place in your home? Visit Ready.gov for an
Emergency Supply Kit checklist.
• In the last year, have you prepared a small kit with emergency supplies that you keep at home, in your car
or where you work to take with you if you had to leave quickly?
• In the last year, have you made a specific plan for how you and your family would communicate in an
emergency situation if you were separated?
• Are you prepared to help your neighbor? In most emergencies, the best way to get help quickly is by
working with your neighbors. Do you know anyone in your neighborhood who might need a little extra
help preparing for or responding to an emergency?
• Have you established a specific meeting place for your family to reunite in the event you and your family
cannot return home or are evacuated?
• In the last year, have you practiced or drilled on what to do in an emergency at home?
• In the last year, have you volunteered to help prepare for or respond to a major emergency?
• Have you taken first aid training such as CPR in the past five years?
Listerine the regular kind makes a great antiseptic for cuts and scrapes. Good to have around for all kinds of stuff! I also pack in my first aid kit some Staphaseptic, made in albany oregon. you can buy it where you can but bandaids! It has lightacane in it so its great for kids cuts and scrapes. It is also good to fight mrsa!! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004520/ great stuff!