Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival tip of the day!
For a great fire starter, get some cotton balls the real cotton not the synthetic stuff!! Soak and rub petroleum jelly into them. After that kinda ring them out! Store in a water tight container such as a film container.. You will be suprized how easy a spark lights these!! Also save your dryer lint and vacuum seal, also great! More tips to come, Ill try to post one every day... Feel free to post your tips as well!!

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
Wow - what a cool idea, Stacey. I like the idea - if you're ever in need of some extra material to start a "backlog" of tips for days you can't come up with anything - let me know and I'll send you some of my favorites. And of course there are always tons of resources on the Internet.

Thanks!
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
Thats Awesome!!! And your welcome!!

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
Wow Stacey, it's great to see your motivation on here now. This forum seems to be really cooking now!
73's
Steve
W7RMG

Shack Rigs: Yaesu FT-101ZD - Yaesu FT-847 (HF, 2M, 6M, 70cm) - Kenwood TS-440S  -  Kenwood TS-940S - Kenwood TM-642A tribander (2m, 1.25m, 70cm). Kenwood TS-2000.
Mobiles: 3 Kenwood TM-V71A dual banders (2m/70cm) - Alinco DR-235 (1.25m).
HT's: Kenwood TH-F6A - Yaesu VX-7R.

Its so hot around here that I'm going to catch a tan! this is sure nice
Club board member
Water proof Matches! There is two ways to do this!! Get the strike anywhere kind, and either "Thompsons water seal" or some paraffin, the kind use for canning! With the Thompson you just dip with tweezers and place on tin foil to dry. With the paraffin get a kettle heat some water then place a can containing the paraffin in the heated water. Once melted as before take tweezers and dip matches completely in the paraffin and place on tin foil to dry. After they dry place in a water tight container. Also even tho they are strike anywhere kind some sort of striking surface should be with your matches, like sand paper. Before you use them scrape a little off the striking end so that the paraffin does not plug up the striking surface!! Thats it, just remeber that if submersed in water they will get wet usually through the ends!! Good luck!

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
Gathering water!! Most rain water is drinkable!! But its not always raining. You can take articals of clothing such as a clean shirt, and tie around your ankles. After securing around ankles walk through veggitation in the early morning. This will acquire dew from the ferns and other plants. Simply ring out in to a container!!
Saw this on "Man, Woman, Wild" on Discovery and it worked!!

K7UND
Sent from my iPhone
I read it in one of my guides!
Water!! Take a several Garbage bags with your survival gear!! Lots of uses.. One is you can take the bag and put around a leafy tree limb and tie it off. as the it sits the trees leaves give off the mosture over many hours, wich builds as condensation in the bag. The water or condensation builds and flows to lowest point. Point to remember Do not use plants you know to be poisonus!!It doesnt give much so several tree limbs should be done!!