Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMA female to SO-239 (UHF) adapter
Anyone have a SMA female to SO-239 (UHF) adapter I can buy off them? I picked up a few things from universal-radio.com, and accidentally bought the SMA male to SO-239.

Or does anyone know of a place in the Salem area that might have them? I checked Radio Shack in Keizer and they didn't have any.

Thanks!
Radio Shack should have them. Here's a link to the part:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index....Id=3184264

Their web site says that the Keizer store should have one in stock. They're usually in the little drawers with the rest of the RF connectors packaged in a plastic bag.
Not quite what I'm looking for... and about 3x as much. Sad
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/p...adapt.html

I guess I'll just order another one.

Thanks!
Formerly KF7VJV
K7JRC,

Keep in mind that the connector you linked will put a lot of strain on the SMA connection on whatever device (An HT, I'm guessing) you attach it to. Be careful with it - if you use this adapter, I would suggest considering doing something to support the coax hanging off the end ofthe adapter, to keep it from over-stressing the SMA jack.

Another option would be to use the adapter Jeremy (NH6Z) suggested (Or something like it). The short length of coax relieves a lot of (But not all of) the strain on the SMA jack. More spendy, but helps prevent damage on down the road.
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
I use an SMA male to SO-239 adapter with the small coax length of coax in between on my HT in my company pickup. I take the HT in and out of my truck everyday and have yet to experience any problems with connector or coax damage so it seems to work very well.
73's
Steve
W7RMG

Shack Rigs: Kenwood TS-2000, Yaesu FTM-400, Alinco DR-235
Mobiles: 3 Kenwood TM-V71A dual banders in each rig, 1 Alinco DR-235
HT's: Kenwood TH-F6A, Yaesu VX-7R, Yaesu FT1XD.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Formerly KF7VJV
I suggest you get the one that HRO sells. I assume you want to attach a mobile antenna with a PL-259 male (plug) to your ht that has an SMA female receptacle, right? Anyway, the HRO one has about 8-inches of really small coax between the SO-239 and SMA connector so there is no strain on the HT. But FYI, the SMA style ducky mounts are way more robust than they seem.