Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeater De-Coordinations?
Hey all,

I've noticed a few local(ish) repeaters I monitor seem to have become unresponsive lately. Taking a look at the Repeaterbook web site, I noticed that one of them had a note stating it appeared to have been de-coordinated by the ORRC.

The two I'm thinking of currently are the 146.610 in Scio (Rogers Mountain, KA7ENW) and the 146.820 on Mary's Peak (W7CQZ). I've found both of these repeaters listed on the ORRC de-coordinations page ( http://www.orrc.org/(S(kbtegw451ek3ks2xf...coord.aspx ). Can anyone give me some insight into what's going on here?

A few months ago, both repeaters seemed to be working fairly well. Has the ORRC told these people that they need to shut down their repeaters? If so, were these repeaters moved to other frequencies or other locations, or were the owners just told "Sorry, too bad, you can't run that repeater in that location at any 2m frequency any more"? I suppose it is also possible that the owners of these repeaters voluntarily abandoned their co ordinations, or that some other bit of red tape is going on behind the scenes (Such as paperwork or permits or something that have expired, etc)... I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone here will be able to enlighten me (And others) about how the ORRC and repeater coordination process works.

Oh, I just noticed that NH6Z's D-Star frequency is on the "Expired" list. Wow, there are a LOT of repeaters I use on the expired and pending de-coordination lists!

-Vaughn
W0ULF
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
146.820 was linked into the Oregon Connection. The tone may NOT be 100. While you monitor these lists, make sure you don't see any K7UND repeaters on the list for de-coordination. I updated my forms etc. Smile
Chris,

Nope! No K7UND repeaters are on the pending or expired lists. You're good there!

I DO see some of Johnny's (WA6RHK) and Chris' (K7TVL) on there, though. ;^)
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
w0ulf Wrote:Has the ORRC told these people that they need to shut down their repeaters?
If so, were these repeaters moved to other frequencies or other locations,
or were the owners just told "Sorry, too bad, you can't run that repeater in
that location at any 2m frequency any more"?

The ORRC wont do that unless they coordinate a new repeater on the same frequency.
You can operate a repeater uncoordinated, but if it causes any interference to a coordinated
repeater, even if it is brand new to the frequency,
then it is you who must shut it down immediately.

Dan WA7ABU had just that issue when he coordinated his new House Mtn repeater on 145.19.
Come to find out there was already a little used, non-coordinated repeater on the frequency.
It had been up for years, but they had to abandon the pair
since they had never bothered to coordinate it in the first place.

It was causing a boatload of havoc at the far north end of the valley
with both repeaters operating on the same pair,
since ABU's machine used a tone and the uncoordinated machine did not.
When you used ABU's machine, you also keyed up the other 145.19
Squeals and buzzing on the output up here in the Portland area.
Unusable in many areas.

Problem now fixed.
The wide area 145.19 is a great repeater. 100 Hz in / 88.5 Hz out
If guns cause crime,
matches cause arson.
Prevent forest fires,
register matches...
The KF7LDG repeater's construction permit expired. That's because construction is pretty much done. It's now fully coordinated. Look at http://www.orrc.org/PublishedCoord.aspx on Page 11 and you'll see the repeater listed as coordinated on 434.910.
Jeremy,

Oh - that would explain the construction permit. I guess I didn't put two and two together, as they say. Thanks for the update!
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
The 146.82 on marys peak west point has a power amp problem. i was there in the snow cat 2 weeks ago and found the problem... we are going to return this friday and repair the problem and turn the repeater back on!
Club board member
The KA7ENW 146.61 is off due to interference caused by a high power digital mode repeater on the same freq. quite a few of us where hearing frequent digital garbage that was driving us and our radios nuts. Not sure if KA7ENW has filed any complaint, but he is not happy about it as his machine had been happily on that (coordinated) freq for years.
Thanks for the updates, guys! I frequently monitor these two frequencies and have been curious about their recent departure from the "Land of the Living". It isn't so bad now that I know what's going on. :^)
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Wasn't this repeater supposed to have had Dual Repeater tones one locally and one for the link?

Jeff - KE7OUR