Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Mounting Hardware.
I bought a pair of Kenwood 705Ds from Chris. Got them all programmed up and ready to go. These came sans mounting hardware. I've located and purchased everything except... The screws that go into the sides of the radio to hold it in the mounting bracket. I have determined these are 3mm 50 pitch threads.

Any ideas where I can find this kind of thing? I don't even know the correct nomenclature to call them to search. Hummm...

Thanks in advance
Ted - KW7RTM
All Around Nice Guy
Ted,

MacDonald Industrial Supply in Albany - I think they're down on First Street. I've never found any fastener that they don't have in-stock - no matter how odd or specialized! Fair warning - the old lady at the front counter is a grouch, but she can be a real hoot, too. Don't let her scare you off - she knows her stuff inside out, upside-down, and backwards.

725 1st Ave E Albany, OR 97321 (Found the address - thanks Google!)

As for the nomenclature for those "machine screws", you will want to know how long they are before you go in looking for them. I'd suggest looking around for the 705D manual online - it ought to tell you the correct length and size.

Missed you at the last club meeting. Hope all is well.
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
w0ulf Wrote:Ted,

Missed you at the last club meeting. Hope all is well.

Thanks Vaughn similar place in Corvallis called Robinetts, alas they were a disappointment. I'll have to give these folks in Albany a try.

BTW: Only kind of sorry to have missed the meeting last Monday. The Bride and I spent the week at Beverly Beach. Weather was PERFECT.
Ted - KW7RTM
All Around Nice Guy
Weld it on! Ha!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
There's always Fastenal in Corvallis as well, Ted.