Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo size and download
Is there a way to fix it so the photos auto resize when you bring them up and a way to down load the images. I would like a copy of some of the photos but havent figured out how to down load them.?:confused:
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Hey Cyrel, it's possible to download the pics but it takes a little patience. As far as auto resize goes, I don't believe the forum software will do that. I'll have to check further into it.
In the meantime here's what I did: I noticed that the pics under KC7NUD's profile were HUGE (those were the biggest burgers and dogs I've ever seen and they made my mouth waterBig Grin). To download the pics I clicked on one of the thumbnails and waited for the much larger pic to load. The larger the pic the longer it takes to load. After that, I right clicked on the image and selected SAVE PICTURE AS and then saved it to a folder. Don't right click and save the thumbnail, it might be way too small. I then brought it up with my photo editing software (Adobe Photoshop). The size was way better and I didn't need to resize it. Windows Picture Viewer will do the same if you right click on the pic and select PREVIEW. Maybe we can get folks to edit their pics for size before uploading them. I know it might be a pain but it's alot easier to see all of a pic on a screen instead of parts of itWink

You guys looked like you all had a blast at Field Day. Lots of great pictures. I wished I could've made it but I had family in from out of town and couldn't get away. (Sigh) Now I have to wait another year.Sad
73's
Steve
W7RMG

Shack Rigs: Kenwood TS-2000, Yaesu FTM-400, Alinco DR-235
Mobiles: 3 Kenwood TM-V71A dual banders in each rig, 1 Alinco DR-235
HT's: Kenwood TH-F6A, Yaesu VX-7R, Yaesu FT1XD.

Cyrel, another thing that you can do is open a flckr account and post them that way, Its not that good for individual photos, However for groups its hard to beat.
+ for Photobucket!
http://photobucket.com/

Also, there is a function in vBulletin AND phpBB software to resize images but its mainly for when people upload them. So, if you're trying to upload a pic that's 1900x1600(or some other massive size), it automatically resizes to around 1024x768 or some other acceptable size for most people's browsers. i know that's not what you meant by resize, but it would help the issue.
Course, what do i know. It's been a few years since I've admin'ed a forum. the software may have been way updated by now. Smile
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
ok I am going to try on my lap top the computer at work wouldnt "save as" for some reason thanks steve and hopefully we will see you next year...
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
W7KQ Wrote:Cyrel, another thing that you can do is open a flckr account and post them that way, Its not that good for individual photos, However for groups its hard to beat.

Yes I was checking that out I have a sky drive through MSN that I use
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Ok it was the browser at work not a problem but it would be nice if they resized automaticly when you bring them up so they were easier to view.

Thanks everybody
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member