Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Veneta OR-Looking 4 Repeaters 2/440
Hi, 

I moved here to Oregon a couple of months ago, I live in Veneta. I finally have a couple of
antennas up, one is a scanner for my sds200, and an Omni 2m/44/1.2 ghz ... putting up my
26B2 Beam will be alot more work. I don't hear too much, but I am picking up a repeater on
West Point Mary's Peak.  I am looking for help in finding anything closer to Veneta.  I am relying
on my DMR hotspots and my Wires X server to communicate, but I still like talking directly on
repeaters. I used to own a repeater years back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! K6KRI
(04-09-2021, 09:12 PM)K6KRI Wrote: Hi, 

I moved here to Oregon a couple of months ago, I live in Veneta. I finally have a couple of
antennas up, one is a scanner for my sds200, and an Omni 2m/44/1.2 ghz ... putting up my
26B2 Beam will be alot more work. I don't hear too much, but I am picking up a repeater on
West Point Mary's Peak.  I am looking for help in finding anything closer to Veneta.  I am relying
on my DMR hotspots and my Wires X server to communicate, but I still like talking directly on
repeaters. I used to own a repeater years back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! K6KRI

Welcome to the area. Here are a few popular machines that you might be able to work:

145.15 pl 146.2
145.31 pl 100.0
146.72 pl 100.0
(04-09-2021, 10:33 PM)W7LDN Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 09:12 PM)K6KRI Wrote: Hi, 

Welcome to the area. Here are a few popular machines that you might be able to work:

145.15 pl 146.2
145.31 pl 100.0
146.72 pl 100.

Got repeaters programmed, and solved the problem with nobody hearing me, had a bad microphone-replaced that and my first contact was on 146.72. Also talked on WA7ABU 145.290. Thanx!
(04-14-2021, 09:52 AM)K6KRI Wrote: Got repeaters programmed, and solved the problem with nobody hearing me, had a bad microphone-replaced that and my first contact was on 146.72. Also talked on WA7ABU 145.290. Thanx!

That is really nice that you can hit 5.29 from where you are. It's a very active repeater system.

The 145.15 that I mentioned is part of a linked repeater system that goes down to the California border. I believe the acronym of that system is SWORA. It's not super busy... but has a nice reach.

The 5.31 system I mentioned is stand alone. There are some guys who live between here and the coast who frequent that. If you want to know what's happening out there at any given time... that's a great frequency to tune into. From police action to forest fires. It's very interesting to listen to.
(04-14-2021, 10:31 AM)W7LDN Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 09:52 AM)K6KRI Wrote: Got repeaters programmed, and solved the problem with nobody hearing me, had a bad microphone-replaced that and my first contact was on 146.72. Also talked on WA7ABU 145.290. Thanx!

That is really nice that you can hit 5.29 from where you are. It's a very active repeater system.

The 145.15 that I mentioned is part of a linked repeater system that goes down to the California border. I believe the acronym of that system is SWORA. It's not super busy... but has a nice reach.

The 5.31 system I mentioned is stand alone. There are some guys who live between here and the coast who frequent that. If you want to know what's happening out there at any given time... that's a great frequency to tune into. From police action to forest fires. It's very interesting to listen to.

I have two 515 repeaters programmed in, and I cannot hit either one. I can key up the 5.31 repeater. Do you ever talk on that one? I just ID' on it.
(04-14-2021, 11:12 AM)K6KRI Wrote: I have two 515 repeaters programmed in, and I cannot hit either one. I can key up the 5.31 repeater. Do you ever talk on that one? I just ID' on it.

The SWORA one I mentioned is on Bear Mtn. outside of Cottage Grove. There is also a 147.38 (also a 146.2 tone) on Roman Nose that is linked to the same system. You might have better luck with it. Their website is swora.net.

While I like listening to the guys on 5.31... they are borderline rocket scientist genius types (I'm not kidding). You'd be amazed at some of the discussions they have. I don't know that I'm ashamed of my IQ. But I think they would leave me in the dust.
(04-14-2021, 11:42 AM)W7LDN Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 11:12 AM)K6KRI Wrote: I have two 515 repeaters programmed in, and I cannot hit either one. I can key up the 5.31 repeater. Do you ever talk on that one? I just ID' on it.

The SWORA one I mentioned is on Bear Mtn. outside of Cottage Grove. There is also a 147.38 (also a 146.2 tone) on Roman Nose that is linked to the same system. You might have better luck with it. Their website is swora.net.

While I like listening to the guys on 5.31... they are borderline rocket scientist genius types (I'm not kidding). You'd be amazed at some of the discussions they have. I don't know that I'm ashamed of my IQ. But I think they would leave me in the dust.

I just talked on the 5.31...it's good to go. Talked briefly to KJ6WL or OL...he talks extremely fast, hehehe Thanx!