Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marys Peak
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that our brand new TELEWAVE mounted up there??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]745[/ATTACH]

Now look where I found it.

http://www.summitpost.org/benton-county-...eak/281772

It says "...February 2007"

Typo?? Somebody that hasn't a clue?? Or did there used to be a similar TELEWAVE antenna up there in the same spot in 2007???

Pic Info shows date last modified for that image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]746[/ATTACH]
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
Now that I think about it, I didn't see the fence that was built while back, either.
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
Jeff,

This definitely looks like an old photograph. I know the FBI used to have an antenna up on that tower before we got there, so it is possibly what they were using before we came along. From what I've heard, it is quite an old tower section. I know that on August 27, 2011 we were still using the smaller Hustler antennas and there wasn't a fence yet, so this picture had to have been taken before that. (I only say that date because I have pictures from the last hike I took up there on that day.) I don't know when the photos at http://www.redcrosscommunications.org/photos.html were taken - but I'd assume that "Before then" is the latest that big antenna could have been there. I bet TVL could give you a better time frame.

I also notice that none of the link antennas or backup antennas for the network are in this photo, so it had to have been before things started getting linked up. In other words: quite a while back!

Here's the picture I took in August of 2011: [ATTACH=CONFIG]747[/ATTACH]
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.