Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With PSK31 Signal Receipt
Question 
I have been working to get a reliable PSK31 commnication setup over the past 14 months, and have an ugly history of attempts, due to various issues.

I recently got capability to not have the system hang when I transmit, but I only have succeeded in getting one QSO in the month or so I have had transmit capability.

Would someone be willing to try a session with PSK31 and diagnose whether I have a viable signal and no splatter, etc?

Thanks very much!

Bill
WG0R
(06-30-2015, 02:43 PM)WG0R Wrote: I have been working to get a reliable PSK31 commnication setup over the past 14 months, and have an ugly history of attempts, due to various issues.

I recently got capability to not have the system hang when I transmit, but I only have succeeded in getting one QSO in the month or so I have had transmit capability.

Would someone be willing to try a session with PSK31 and diagnose whether I have a viable signal and no splatter, etc?

Thanks very much!

Bill
WG0R

Hello Bill,

Any Monday or Tuesday night after 8 PM I'd be willing to give this a try with you. Mondays work better for me, as that's the only time I normally set up my HF gear. I have a fair amount of noise-creating devices in my house, so if I want to run HF I generally have to turn everything in the house off, and I am already doing that for the Monday Night Linn County ARES HF Net. I might as well just keep things off a little longer and play HF with a fellow club member! :^)

Thanks again for visiting my station during Field Day, and for your excellent (And much appreciated) help with cleanup after Field Day!

-Vaughn
W0ULF
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.