Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ham Radio Tower Permit?
I live in Benton County. Recently I've listened to 2 QSO talking about Towers and Permits. I am just starting to seriously think about what it will take to erect the tower I bought last summer. Can any one confirm if I need a permit or not in Benton County?

Ted
Ted - KW7RTM
All Around Nice Guy
Ted,

Good for you! I don't have any good info beyond "Jeremy, NH6Z has some recent experience with this, and has a legal background that greatly enhances said experience".

If you need and or want help when the time comes to put it up, let us know! I'll do what I can to help.
W0ULF 2011+
ex KF7RJU 2011-2011
ex KC7YNP 1997-2007
Rigs: Heathkit RX-1 Mohawk Receiver and HX-10 Marauder Transmitter, IC-7410 Base HF w/AH-4, IC-2720 Mobile Dual Band, IC-V8000 Go-Bag 2m, IC-2820 base 2m/70cm (That goes to Field Day or goes in the other truck when I'm driving it), Kenwood TH-75A and Icom IC-92AD HTs.
Any structure in excess of 10 feet tall needs a permit in Benton County.

I am now officially an ARRL Volunteer Counsel. In that capacity, I will do an initial half-hour consult with any ham regarding tower issues for free. Additional time is at a substantially discounted rate (less than 50% my normal rate).
Thanks Jeremy. I'll attempt to draw my plans. And see where things go.
Ted - KW7RTM
All Around Nice Guy
Also note that if you need engineering help, that the ARRL also has Volunteer Consulting Engineers. I used Hank Longberg (KR7X) in Beaverton for my tower. His email is kr7x@comcast.net. There's also Sam Corbin (KF7BUC) who is a member of the Valley Radio Club in Eugene. Her email is samcorbinengineering@comcast.net. The VCE program encourages engineers to provide an initial consultation for free, like the VC program. After that, Hank gave me a substantially discounted rate for his services. It still wasn't cheap, but it did work. Note that I had to get engineering done because I was using something that was not a standard Rohn installation.
What about down in Jackson county ? still need a permit ?