Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings!
Hello all! Just wanted to drop a quick note and introduce myself. Name is Jake, soon to be moving to the Salem area from Portland. Earned my technician license in April and have been listening in on the repeater system (KGW & Mary's Peak) on my commute into work.

I'm using a WOUXUN KG-UVD1P handheld dual band for the time being, so you probably won't hear me much until I upgrade.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi. Smile
Welcome Jake, your Wouxun will work, just get a mag mount antenna to put on your roof while commuting. You should throw out your call sign and see who responds.

Noah
Welcome Jake!! Hope you find good friends here and on the repeater! Lots of great people on this system to talk with. Lots of info here on the forum as well.

!!Later Stacey!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
Thanks, Noah! I'll see about getting a mag mount antenna, as the reception can be pretty spotty from inside the car with the rubber duck antenna. Next time I'm out and about I'll toss my call sign out... just been hesitant because a lit of the time there are some pretty rapid fire conversations going on, and I would hate to interrupt. Smile

Thanks, Stacy!
Just jump in there!

!!Later Stacey!!
Definitely just jump in. We are all a bunch of quick keyers. Once we get a big enough group usually the last person throws it to the next person to try and get organized.

K7UND
Sent from my iPhone
When we think about it ha ha!

!!Later Stacey!!
Yep. I dont kow one person on this repeater that'll ever get upset if you just jump right in the middle with both feet.
And if you go looking for a big enough pause to jump, you may be waitin a while. jump right on in!!!
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
W7WIL Wrote:Yep. I dont kow one person on this repeater that'll ever get upset if you just jump right in the middle with both feet.
And if you go looking for a big enough pause to jump, you may be waitin a while. jump right on in!!!

Haha, that's what I was beginning to think. Smile