Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Upgrade Practice
Field Day was my first HF experience. And, yes, I know normal every day HF traffic is nothing like that, but I definitely got "Bit By The Bug"!!!
Only sad thing is, I won't have the $$$ for a decent, even used, HF rig for a long time. Guess I'll have to go around knockin' on friend's doors......"Let me use your station for a half hour!!! I need my HF fix!!"

LOL!!!

Well anyway, I'm gettin' there!!! I like the QRZ one.

The last entry, 91.43%, was just my first practice test today after sleeping all night(not in the testing groove). I couldn't figure out how to get to my "test results history" without just doing another test(the test history shows after each test), so I just did that last one real quick to get to my results history.

I'll wait until it's 90% or higher EVERY TIME and then go find me a VE session.Big Grin
I just gotta get it high and consistent enough to pass and then learn the rest as I go. Although, I have actually learned a lot just doing the memorization thing!! It's a good way to retain info.

The first entry(42.86%), was just one I did back in December to see if I could even get close.
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
EX: W7WIL
EX: KF7NXS
GMRS: WQMK940
That's better!! Upper 90's!! I was even trying to see how many "100%" I could get in a row. I was on a roll with 2 of them and then the next test was full of a bunch of the hardest questions and the whole test was kind of a fluke, anyway, with the result of 88.57%.

But I like the mid-upper 90's!!!!Wink
I think I'm ready to locate the next VE session! Then keep cramming practice tests right up until and I should be good to go!! It's a lot of fun, too!!! I'm excited, can't wait to get my upgrade!!! What's really cool is I did all this, going from 57 to 100 percent, in FIVE days!

Wish me luck!!Cool
Cool Jeff sounds like your gettin there here is a like to another test site lots of other cool stuff here also

http://aa9pw.com/

Keep praticeing I only live harrisburg Smile
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Thanx Cyrel! Ya, we'll have to hook up some times and check out each others "toys"!!!
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
Good job! I would recommend http://www.hamtestonline.com if you can spare a few bucks. It will teach you more than just taking practice tests. Good luck!
Valley Radio Club's next session should be this upcoming Wednesday at 7:00 at the Red Cross in Eugene. This is July 11. I will probably be one of the VEs presiding.

Incidentally, if PRA would like to start sponsoring test sessions, I'm more than happy to help out as an examiner. We need a minimum of 3 VEs to have a valid session.
sponsoring a test would be fantastic!

!!Later Stacey!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
I am also a VE and will be at the Valley Radio Club's next session. I would also be willing to be an examiner with W7PRA if we decided to do that.
Hey, what all do you have to do to be a VE?? I know you have to be at least a general class. I could get accredited after I get my license upgrade and do at least tech tests. I'd love to become an Extra, buuuut that scares me a little.....(50- FIFTY questions! EEK!)

EDIT_
I forgot most test sessions are in evening and during week. CRAP! That really sucks! I wanted to hit this thing fast before all the info I've sucked up disappears. Starting now, my only days off are weekends. I work Mon-Fri 4P-1A from now on. And time off requests usually only work a least a month out.
I'm going to have to request a special, separate VE session, I guess.

**EDIT(again)-
I just checked ARRL site. I guess there's some on Saturdays. I'll have to wait until the 21st or 28th. There's one in Springburg on the 28th and one in Lebanon on 21st.
-Jeff  Cool
-----------------------
K7LND
Maybe some would be willing to do a general class?

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk