Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field day and outdoor activities!
Im not happy with recent events, and my own personal profesionalism! Let me be the first to say that im going to do my best to turn this around, and help promote the group at large! What would we like to see, not see, activities we could be doing? Weather plays a big role so I figure if we start planing now we could have it together come field day!! Anyone interested? Also a trip to the repeater sight on Marys peak for BBQ and the view! Get to know the mountain range. Take in some observations! Bring binoculars and a compass mabey a map! Hop over to Praire peak check out the sights! Just one Idea, any takers? How about Ideas? Just starting this thread so whos next to post ideas?

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
Those who plan and prepare, endure the weather!!
No takers? Well Steve Kc7nud has also wanted to do a BBQ get together weather pemitting. Ive always wanted to have a Sportsmans net gathering of.camping and fishing, mabey some shooting for a weekend. Mabey even camp up at Coners camp on Marys Peak! Bring a HF rig and throw up some antennas mabey a beam, and make long distant contacts! Its endless what we could do! We could meet for the breakfast bunch and discuss ideas, make plans, set dates aprox. Just more ideas! Get it on paper and do something what you think?

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
In response to your statment "No takers?" Ill take you up on the field day thing let get to planning first we need a gorup so there is you and me and ????? come on somebody step up here we could use the help..... we also need to find a site got sugestions. Radios well we got plenty. but could always use more. power supply and power generation well I have the linclon ranger and could scrounge up a generator. let start putting this to gether and we could have a BBQ as well.. Im in
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
That's awesome Cyrel!! we can get all kinds of stuff together to make a fun event for everone! Next meeting we could make a list of supplies for this project see whats feasible for frequency and antenna space! maybe explorer sites for this project, open field or camp spot close, so most that dont stay over night could drive back the next day.. Who knows speak up people what you think Interested?

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
That shooting thing is really a different deal all together. So not for field day besides we would be to busy for that! Think constructive here! Give ideas!
As to where not sure you get docked points for being on Mt. Top so its still open for suggestion!
!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!
Hopefully others will read the thred and chime in perhaps we should start a Field day thred insted of using a NOt happy thred....and my thoughts are just radio fun we need to find a site that is not to far out and get the word out and start hammering on this I think that a lot of people will show up if we have hot dogs Smile and they dont have to drive to far.
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
May be we could convice Wal Mart to let us set up in thier parking lot that should draw some attention.
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
Any body in the group a member of the ARRL ?
KC7NHT
Cyrel

PODXS 070 member #1331
EPC member #14448
PRA Board Member
So far you guys pretty much covered the same ideas I had and everything that has been mentioned sounds good to me! Even if things don't turn into a full blown field day then so what? We could just get together for a big meet, have some good food, good company, make a few HF contacts, or just shoot the bull. Everybody can kinda do what they want. Maybe even turn it into an overnighter thing too if folks wanted to. I'm onboard too, so count me in.
Right now I'm on my lunch break so I can't spend a whole lot of time on here but if I come up with more ideas I'll get 'em posted. But do be patient and give others some time to get on here and post. I just now discovered this thread and there's plenty of time to make plans.
73's
Steve
W7RMG

Shack Rigs: Kenwood TS-2000, Yaesu FTM-400, Alinco DR-235
Mobiles: 3 Kenwood TM-V71A dual banders in each rig, 1 Alinco DR-235
HT's: Kenwood TH-F6A, Yaesu VX-7R, Yaesu FT1XD.

Sweet Steve!! It will catch on if we plan and prepair now we might have our stuff together come field day!!

!!!!!Later Stacey!!!!!